TBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untitled movie thing ideas

2 posters

Go down

Untitled movie thing ideas Empty Untitled movie thing ideas

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Well, basing it off my dream loosely, the main character is a girl, young- but not too young. Probably 19-22, but an old soul XD.

She is an actress from somewhere in England- she probably worked in London quite a bit, but I doubt that's where she's from.

She came to the US by boat, and after doing some life-acting (Taburakashi, anyone?) as a blind, deaf beggar has mastered the American accent.

Meanwhile, she comes across a theater troupe that consists entirely of men, and does more 'life-acting', transforming herself into a young man to join the group.

Inside the troupe, she is Teddy O'Reilley, a young, scruffy boy with a habit of wearing baggy clothing to hide his 'girlish figure'.

Outside the troupe, she puts on another act as Allea McNeal, a bartender, and woman of the night.

She starts to develop feelings for another member of the group, a man who is outwardly only known as 'Smith'. He mostly seems dissatisfied with both of her 'characters', so she develops a (unbeknownst to her) character that is very similar to who she is inside. (actresses/actors often immerse themselves in roles so much that they find that they don't really have their own identity. They are 'chameleons', who can play perfectly the role of everyone except themselves.)

AND THE REST IS FOR YOU TO FIND OUT ~

But anyways, The basic idea of this story is one of those "what if?"/challenge everything you know kinds of stories.

Kind of like The Matrix. But not so obviously dark and morose.

The major 'tackles' are,

What if major things we take for granted never existed? (more of a side point, not so obviously shown, but the entire driving point of the setting)

What if certain things in history were never resolved? (this mostly pertains to discrimination of race and sex.)

(Challenging 'we are who we make ourselves'- that at least a part of us, no matter how small will always be ingrained in who we are- whether or not we choose to show it is our choice.)

(a modern, almost paradoxical take [mildly relating to points one, two and three] on olden days.)

And more I'll probably think of later.

Most of the point of it is not "shock value", per say. Though themes like transvestitism, substance abuse, 'domestic violence' (if you can call it that. O.o), prostitution, racism, sexual violence/rape, and profanity (you all know I have the mouth of a sailor when it suits me.) will be common, they serve a purpose.

If I had to categorize it based on its features, I'd say 'black humor'/dark humor, satire, and such.

Also, I'm open to ideas, collaboration, etc. =w=
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Untitled movie thing ideas Empty Re: Untitled movie thing ideas

Post  Raptorguy14 Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:55 pm

GaDGeT wrote:Well, basing it off my dream loosely, the main character is a girl, young- but not too young. Probably 19-22, but an old soul XD.

She is an actress from somewhere in England- she probably worked in London quite a bit, but I doubt that's where she's from.

She came to the US by boat, and after doing some life-acting (Taburakashi, anyone?) as a blind, deaf beggar has mastered the American accent.

Meanwhile, she comes across a theater troupe that consists entirely of men, and does more 'life-acting', transforming herself into a young man to join the group.

Inside the troupe, she is Teddy O'Reilley, a young, scruffy boy with a habit of wearing baggy clothing to hide his 'girlish figure'.

Outside the troupe, she puts on another act as Allea McNeal, a bartender, and woman of the night.

She starts to develop feelings for another member of the group, a man who is outwardly only known as 'Smith'. He mostly seems dissatisfied with both of her 'characters', so she develops a (unbeknownst to her) character that is very similar to who she is inside. (actresses/actors often immerse themselves in roles so much that they find that they don't really have their own identity. They are 'chameleons', who can play perfectly the role of everyone except themselves.)

But anyways, The basic idea of this story is one of those "what if?"/challenge everything you know kinds of stories.

The major 'tackles' are,

What if major things we take for granted never existed? (more of a side point, not so obviously shown, but the entire driving point of the setting)

What if certain things in history were never resolved? (this mostly pertains to discrimination of race and sex.)

(Challenging 'we are who we make ourselves'- that at least a part of us, no matter how small will always be ingrained in who we are- whether or not we choose to show it is our choice.)

(a modern, almost paradoxical take [mildly relating to points one, two and three] on olden days.)

Most of the point of it is not "shock value", per say. Though themes like transvestitism, substance abuse, 'domestic violence' (if you can call it that. O.o), prostitution, racism, sexual violence/rape, and profanity (you all know I have the mouth of a sailor when it suits me.) will be common, they serve a purpose.

If I had to categorize it based on its features, I'd say 'black humor'/dark humor, satire, and such.

Great ideas! Very Happy
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Location : Right in front of you. Seriously open your eyes, I'm there...

http://raptorguy14.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Raptorguy14 wrote:
GaDGeT wrote:Well, basing it off my dream loosely, the main character is a girl, young- but not too young. Probably 19-22, but an old soul XD.

The major 'tackles' are,

Great ideas! Very Happy

Thanks! ;u;
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down