TBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*leaves this here*

+2
EatThePocky
Raptorguy14
6 posters

Go down

*leaves this here* Empty *leaves this here*

Post  Raptorguy14 Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Warning: Mega rant up ahead

When I graduated from K12 five months ago, my outlook on life was fairly positive. I figured I'd have a job and my driver's license by the end of the summer, and that I'd be on the fast track to being able to go to college and ultimately move down to St. George.

And when Bee-Chan came back, visiting her became another one of my goals.

Well now it's five months later. And looking at my life now...

I have no job, and I've been searching pretty much since I graduated. Throughout my job search I've acquired, filled out, and turned in a good number of job applications; filled out some job applications online; used a job search site many times to try to find open positions; and I even used an online temp agency. And in those five months, I haven't heard back from any of these people. Not one interview, not one simple call back, not an email, nothing.

I'm getting really desperate right now. I'm going to step up the job search, but I can't help but feel completely worthless. I mean, I know I'll probably get a job some day, but it scares me to think that "some day" might be several more months or even a year or more down the road.

And my parents are being completely nice about it and saying that I can live with them as long as I need to, but I don't want to keep mooching off of them. I've gotta learn to support myself, and I can't do that without a job.

I still don't have my driver's license. OK, in all fairness I do have my learner's permit, and I am completely ready to take the driving test. But that's not going to be easy. My mom's always busy helping my little brother with school, and my dad's usually at work. He's off every Sunday and on some Saturdays and Mondays, but the Driver License Division office is closed on weekends and my dad's only off on every other Monday (he'll be off next Monday, in fact).

Not only that, but I have very little faith in the DLD's organizational system. Originally I was going to try for my license on the 6th of next month, so I scheduled that day online. Got a confirmation thing and printed it out. But as it turned out, dad couldn't get that day off so I called to cancel this morning, and they said they had absolutely no record of me signing up at all.

I just can't help but feel pathetic. I should be on the path to independence, but instead I'm faced with the fact that I might have to depend on my parents for several more months or a year or even more.
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Location : Right in front of you. Seriously open your eyes, I'm there...

http://raptorguy14.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

*leaves this here* Empty Re: *leaves this here*

Post  EatThePocky Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:05 pm

You just gotta keep moving forward, bro.
You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can't move forward like that. If your eyes are in front, what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That's what lets people move forward.
So kick logic to the curb and do the impossible! We know you can do it, Dude. You're a talented and smart guy
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!
Wait...no...that doesn't sound right...
Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.
You can do it, Bro~
EatThePocky
EatThePocky

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey, it's gonna be ok. You'll get there. :3

And I'm terrible at giving pep talks, but always remember that I'm here for you. :3

I love you. <3
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:41 pm

EatThePocky wrote:You just gotta keep moving forward, bro.
You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can't move forward like that. If your eyes are in front, what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That's what lets people move forward.
So kick logic to the curb and do the impossible! We know you can do it, Dude. You're a talented and smart guy
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!
Wait...no...that doesn't sound right...
Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.
You can do it, Bro~

Smile

Thanks bro~

I'm so lucky to have you as a friend. Smile
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

GaDGeT wrote:Hey, it's gonna be ok. You'll get there. :3

And I'm terrible at giving pep talks, but always remember that I'm here for you. :3

I love you. <3

Eventually.

Smile

I love you too. <33
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Back to top Go down

Post  [Guam] Killshot_111111 Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm

There are two upsides to this, 1) you will get a job, you just have to believe in your skills none of that you are a horrible person crapolla. You know you can get a job you need to apply for ever job possible even if they are not hiring, in case they need to you'll be top of the list.
2) the world will end in December so you won't need a job! YAY
So just look on the bright side, and do it do it good...YOU CAN DO IT!
[Guam] Killshot_111111
[Guam] Killshot_111111

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Raptorguy14 wrote:

I love you. <3

Eventually.

Smile

I love you too. <33

<33 :3
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:22 pm

GaDGeT wrote:
Raptorguy14 wrote:

I love you. <3

Eventually.

Smile

I love you too. <33

<33 :3

<33
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:23 pm

[Guam] Killshot_111111 wrote:There are two upsides to this, 1) you will get a job, you just have to believe in your skills none of that you are a horrible person crapolla. You know you can get a job you need to apply for ever job possible even if they are not hiring, in case they need to you'll be top of the list.

Thanks man Smile

I've applied to all kinds of places, even those that aren't hiring, and haven't gotten a single interview. Hopefully when I get my food handler's permit next Monday I'll have a better shot at getting a job.
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Back to top Go down

Post  [Guam] Killshot_111111 Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Raptorguy14 wrote:
[Guam] Killshot_111111 wrote:There are two upsides to this, 1) you will get a job, you just have to believe in your skills none of that you are a horrible person crapolla. You know you can get a job you need to apply for ever job possible even if they are not hiring, in case they need to you'll be top of the list.

Thanks man Smile

I've applied to all kinds of places, even those that aren't hiring, and haven't gotten a single interview. Hopefully when I get my food handler's permit next Monday I'll have a better shot at getting a job.

Yeah, see you just gotta stay positive and keep doing little steps to improve your chances Smile
There is a job for you out there you just need to hunt it down
[Guam] Killshot_111111
[Guam] Killshot_111111

Back to top Go down

Post  buttshujinsama Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 am

It took me a full year to find a job. And when I did, it wasn't through all the footwork and the applications - it was through a contact, someone I knew at the local elementary school from church and volunteering. You might try something like that. Volunteer, make friends, network. My dad always says that when it comes to jobs, it's not what you know: it's who you know.

Good luck, man. I know how hard it is to be stuck where you are. Just keep at it and you'll get what you're after.
buttshujinsama
buttshujinsama

http://slendermans-spooky-ass-butt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 am

buttshujinsama wrote:It took me a full year to find a job. And when I did, it wasn't through all the footwork and the applications - it was through a contact, someone I knew at the local elementary school from church and volunteering. You might try something like that. Volunteer, make friends, network. My dad always says that when it comes to jobs, it's not what you know: it's who you know.

Good luck, man. I know how hard it is to be stuck where you are. Just keep at it and you'll get what you're after.

That's a good idea. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks Smile
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaeptin Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm

I'd say something but it'd be a small, small thing compared to what everyone else has said.

So I echo them. Keep trying, bro, don't give up!
Kaeptin
Kaeptin

http://merthurpoet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:52 pm

ace-all-over-the-place wrote:I'd say something but it'd be a small, small thing compared to what everyone else has said.

So I echo them. Keep trying, bro, don't give up!

Your comment means a lot to me nonetheless.

Thank you Smile I will.
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum