TBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why. Just why does it have to be election year?

5 posters

Go down

Why. Just why does it have to be election year? Empty Why. Just why does it have to be election year?

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 pm

You know, political tension was just a GREAT way to make my November. Pardon me if I'm not so excited about a "change" I don't see coming.

I mean, great. I respect what this country is founded on. I respect the values the forefathers of this country had, and the plans for a better country they had.

Is all this "Well she doesn't care/well he doesn't care!" shit what they had in mind??

Is all of the idiocy and bureaucracy the government has stooped to what they had in mind??

WELL IF IT IS, THEN FUCK. I OFFICIALLY KNOW NOTHING.

I'm so tired of this all. Yeah, like every year, I can't WAIT for it to be over. But something tells me that this time it won't be so easy.

I don't even understand how people can put hope in the government at this point. Respect? Respect should be automatic, to some extent. Because by living here, we have chosen to give them that to an extent.

Granted, I don't probably respect them as much as I maybe should. But you don't see me going around burning the American flag, or blowing up the Pentagon.

I just don't understand how some people can still put so much faith in all this. They're not God, people. They can't fix everything.

I'm just so done with this.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Or at least, almost anyone. I just needed to let off some steam.
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why. Just why does it have to be election year? Empty Re: Why. Just why does it have to be election year?

Post  Raptorguy14 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:41 pm

George Washington, our first president and a Founding Father, had absolutely none of this in mind.

My dad and I agree that the Founding Fathers are probably rolling over uncomfortably in their graves right now because of how terribly this country is doing.

Personally I don't understand why people make such a big deal over voting. The popular vote doesn't even determine who the President is; it's the Electoral College that does that. Granted, they're selected by the popular vote, but a candidate can lose the popular and win the Electoral vote and still be elected to the office. Which is outright ridiculous if you ask me.

People say, "Oh, it's your duty as a citizen to vote, and if you don't vote you're going against your country. People fought and died for your right to vote."
My response to them is the following: "People actually fought and died for our freedom in general. The right to vote is included in that, yes, but it's not required of you to vote. This country is a free country, and voting is a right, not a requirement. So really, people fought and died for our right to choose whether or not we want to vote."

What we need in our government is people who represent the country as a whole, not just their political party. And you're right, they won't be able to fix everything. But the things they can't fix will either fix themselves or dissolve away and be no more. Natural selection in the economic sense, in other words.

You're not offending me; in fact, I agree with you completely.

Love you~ <3 I hope you start feeling better after the election. Smile
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Location : Right in front of you. Seriously open your eyes, I'm there...

http://raptorguy14.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Why. Just why does it have to be election year? Empty Re: Why. Just why does it have to be election year?

Post  Gray Fullbuster Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:31 pm

It will be over soon.

Quite frankly I'm getting sick and tired of being told that the candidate I like is a piece of shit.

We should go and dig up the founding fathers so they can fix this. :I

Gray Fullbuster
Gray Fullbuster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaeptin Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Kirito ;w; wrote:We should go and dig up the founding fathers so they can fix this. :I

^this though

Also. It's... hard for me to really add anything to what you said, Bee, but I applaud you.
Kaeptin
Kaeptin

http://merthurpoet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DownRightLoki Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:17 pm

i took this political test and matched up with Romney, and one kid said, "I'm sorry. No one likes him." and I said, "I do." and he's like, "oh." =|
DownRightLoki
DownRightLoki

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:24 pm

@Jon :3 <3

@Remy I actually got told I'd go to hell for not picking a side. :I (Well, actually, for not voting, but that person was just too far gone to understand that I was a minor.)

And yes. We should.

@Ace ;u; Thanks

@Tay *patpat* People just stick their feet in their mouths so much when this rolls around.

They may have it down better than I do. XD

Last edited by GaDGeT on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I AM A MORON :'D)
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DownRightLoki Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Yeah...
A lot of offensive things going round school. XD
In Theatre class we played a game called "Worst..." and I put "President" and one girl stepped down and said, "OBAMA!" and another girl got really offended. XD
DownRightLoki
DownRightLoki

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:28 pm

DownRightLoki wrote:Yeah...
A lot of offensive things going round school. XD
In Theatre class we played a game called "Worst..." and I put "President" and one girl stepped down and said, "OBAMA!" and another girl got really offended. XD

I KNOW MAN

LOOK AT ALL THE PODOPHILES~ /killedsomanytimes
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DownRightLoki Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:30 pm

XDDD Yupp!
I hope Romney wins. o.o;
DownRightLoki
DownRightLoki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down