TBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow. Ok, this is big.

2 posters

Go down

Wow. Ok, this is big. Empty Wow. Ok, this is big.

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 pm

I think I've figured out a very large part of my difficulties in life.

Bam.

Just like that.

It's called Aspberger's, and I'm about 99.9999% sure that I have it.

I was dealing with some... 'Frustrations' today, and I knew they were potentially related to autism. So I checked it out. Helpful, but not very.

Then, I found a website that blew my mind.

Just blew it to freaking pieces.

Unfortunately, I don't remember what it is. ;w;

Er, so I'll be brief now:

ASD.

AND NOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. Razz
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wow. Ok, this is big. Empty Re: Wow. Ok, this is big.

Post  Raptorguy14 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 pm

Aspergers and Autism Spectrum Disorder.

My little brother has both of those. He has mid-functioning Autism, which means he can do some stuff, but needs help with other stuff.

It's also a social disorder, wherein you have trouble effectively communicating your ideas, your beliefs, things like that.

The reason I know so much is because I think I may have it myself.

You and I would probably be on the high-functioning scale, wherein we can do most stuff without help, but do require help on other things.

I have trouble communicating my thoughts and feelings sometimes (especially the latter).
I talk excessively often.
I sometimes can't tell when people want me to stop talking.
I sometimes have trouble with vocalization (for example, sometimes I sound mad when I'm happy, or sad when I'm angry).
I have trouble relating to people my own age.
Sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm being sarcastic or serious.
I take some things literally (so when somebody says "duck" I take it to mean there's a duck; I don't really do that specifically, but that communicates the basic concept of it).

And so on.

So we might even have that in common.
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Location : Right in front of you. Seriously open your eyes, I'm there...

http://raptorguy14.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:33 am

Raptorguy14 wrote:Aspergers and Autism Spectrum Disorder.

My little brother has both of those. He has mid-functioning Autism, which means he can do some stuff, but needs help with other stuff.

It's also a social disorder, wherein you have trouble effectively communicating your ideas, your beliefs, things like that.

The reason I know so much is because I think I may have it myself.

You and I would probably be on the high-functioning scale, wherein we can do most stuff without help, but do require help on other things.

I have trouble communicating my thoughts and feelings sometimes (especially the latter).
I talk excessively often.
I sometimes can't tell when people want me to stop talking.
I sometimes have trouble with vocalization (for example, sometimes I sound mad when I'm happy, or sad when I'm angry).
I have trouble relating to people my own age.
Sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm being sarcastic or serious.
I take some things literally (so when somebody says "duck" I take it to mean there's a duck; I don't really do that specifically, but that communicates the basic concept of it).

And so on.

So we might even have that in common.

Mine just generally pervades my entire persnality.

But that's ok. I kind of like my personality.

I do the whole 'tourettesque' thing. I have tics. I jerk my head to the side when I'm irritated. I rock myself, tap my feet, wring my hands, rub my arms, pick my fingers when I'm nervous.

I definitely do the whole 'flappy' thing when I'm happy or excited. XDD

I OBSESS over music.

Like no.

It's not just one of those things.

It is a legitimate obsession, because besides you, I hardly ever think about anything else.

I have the whole 'tactile sensitivity' thing going on.

I can't stand tags, but I have this weird thing about cutting them, so...

I hate socks most of the time. Can only wear certain ones.

Can't wear most sweaters.

Cannot have material touching my face, usually. Scarves and hats would be a weird exception to the rule.

(As you know ;w; ) I HATE being touched.

Pain, anxiety, mental overload... I've grown to tolerate handshakes and hugs, but many things are unbeareable.

Can't eat certain foods. I gag.

Can't have ANYONE else comb my hair.

Any amount of cold makes me feel intense pain.

I also have the 'chameleon-personality'. I tend to pick up traits from people. :V Not sure if I even have a legitimate personality.

Apperently, androgyny is common among aspie girls. Razz

Which might explain why I've never thought of myself as Trans. I think I should be a girl. I just also have this little man living inside of me. :V (pung?)

I get stoic over things that should make me emotional- and emotional for no reason. P:

I cry when I get angry or frustrated. I don't cry when I'm sad, usually. I'll cry if I'm really happy. :>

I get 'lost' in other worlds. I get serious issues when a series I like ends, or a character I'm attached to dies.

I'm highly uncoordinated. XD

With few exceptions, too. XD

Sometimes I'll take things very literal too. Razz Or I'll misinterpret intentions, body language, yadda yadda.

I... Am terrible at IRL conversation. I bore people, embarrass people, irritate people.

My FRIENDS.

Which probably explains why they always seem irritated at me, but I could just be paranoid about that part. XD

I could probably very literally make someone's ears bleed from intercranial pressure caused by my noise pollution. I could talk someone's ears off, and make those ears shove their wallets.in my mouth just to shut me up. :T

I always have a hard time describing things 'in my own words'. Or saying how I feel on a matter, and actually legitimately describing myself.

I'm definitely artistic and musical.

I obsess over a thing for hours at a time.

I get really hot-and-cold with my interests, music and Jon aside. :3

I have to reiterate that I'm being sincere for someone to tell that I'm being sincere. Constantly. XD

Sometimes, I'm reeeeally slow about getting things.

It takes me a while to recognize faces, with the exceptions of Zooey Deschanel, Emily Deschanel, Ryan Cartwright, JLM, RJD, Martin Freeman, and Nathan Fillion.

Even my own mother.

I'm not even kidding. >///<

I often get two people who look alike mixed up. XD

I'm reeally awful with social situations. Awful. I'm ok with one-on-one, or with a small group, but I wallflower at parties. Even my own. :/

Really, I'm most comfortable online. I'd rather talk to you online, or be alone. ^^;; Being in person with someone makes me nervous.

Even my mother.

I can detect very subtle noises. And some just drive me insane.

Like SCARE me. ;n; Normal, non-scary, everyday sounds.

The sound of my Mom's wheelchair makes me wanna hide under my bed. ._."

I... Think I'll end it there, because I'm starting to lose track of what I've said, and that's never a good sign. XDD

But seriously. We are so much alike that it's scary. :I

Aspie boy meets aspie she-male °3°~

<3

VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:47 am

I've never liked parties. I'm much better in a one-on-one thing or a tiny group thing than a large group thing. In fact large groups scare me severely.

I'm typically more comfortable with online conversations than in-person conversations, too.

Yep, we are a lot alike.

<33
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Location : Right in front of you. Seriously open your eyes, I'm there...

http://raptorguy14.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Raptorguy14 wrote:I've never liked parties. I'm much better in a one-on-one thing or a tiny group thing than a large group thing. In fact large groups scare me severely.

I'm typically more comfortable with online conversations than in-person conversations, too.

Yep, we are a lot alike.

<33

Yup. X3 <33
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum