TBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singing meme

Go down

Singing meme Empty Singing meme

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:52 am

Thought this'd be fun. Feeling narcissistic.

I have no idea where 9 went. XD

Feel free to answer the questions yourself. Don't be a stranger. ;w;

1. When did you first start singing?

I remember the very first time I decided I wanted to be a singer. I was four.

So I sang a song of my own (All I can remember was that it was an eerily mature 'love song'.

I don't know where it even came from. ._. I find it mildly disturbing that I managed to do that.)

And then some Faith Hill.

And covered there kitchen in Hershey's cocoa powder. Because I was four.

2. What did your family do to encourage you?

...Funny, I didn't do much singing to be encouraged. Around them, anyways.

I remember an Idol audition, where a guy practiced in his moldy old closet. I remember laughing pretty hard because I did practically the same thing.

3. Who else in your family sings?

My Mom can sometimes. Carol, Faith, and my aunt all have beautiful voices. BEAUTIFUL.

4. Who are your musical inspirations?

I have many. Which is probably why my voice is so unique.

Here we go.

Selena, Imogen Heap, Utada Hikaru, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Geddy Lee, Rush, The Beatles, Robert Plant, Jewel, Kate Bush, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Freddie Mercury, Stevie Wonder, Sia, Christina Aguilera, Mary Jo Blige, Patti LaBelle, Joss Stone, P!nk, Belinda Carlisle, Glen Phillips, Modest Mouse, Alice in Chains, Amy Lee, Evanescence, Shakira, Julietta Venegas, Fobia, Café Tacuba, Queen, Gloria Estefan, Enya, Emmy Rossum, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, Josh Groban, Michael Jackson, Sting, Gnarls Barkley, Gavin Degraw, Tori Amos, Rachael Yamagata, Cher, Beth Orton, PJ Harvey, The Smiths, Garbage, Superbus, Alanis Morissette, Natasha Bedingfield, Aretha Franklin, Heart, Stevie Nicks, Chantal Kreviazuk, Idina Menzel, Kirsten Chenoweth, Irene Cara, Aaron Marsh, Stephen Christian, Leslie Hunt... I could go on all day.

5. What kind of music do you listen to today?

...So much. But I've been listening to a lot of Rush lately.

6. What embarrassing songs might I find on your MP3 player?

Embarassing? Me? I'm not sure. If you think popular music is embarrassing, maybe.

Oh, no, wait, I have some of my older work on there. I forgot. ;w; I'm really pitchy, and off beat. XD

7. Where would you most like to perform?

RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL ~

8. Who would you most like to open for?

...This is tough.

Rush, Imogen Heap, The Dum Dum Girls, Café Tacuba, I really don't know.

10. If you weren't singing, what would you be doing?

Painting. Writing. And I still do those.

Because I'm a broke-ass unsigned, pitchy Indie artist.

In other words, I don't get paid for any of that.

11. Do you play any instruments?

Oh yes. Can I play them well? No. But whatever.

I can play the guitar, the trumpet, the accordion, a bit of the piano (no, not really, don't let me fool you into thinking I can, no stahp), taiko drums, djembe drums...

I actually don't do terrible with a cello or violin, but it's been tears since I've tried to play either. So.

12. If you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?

I dabble in all the genres. (lies!)

Well, actually, I'd like to strengthen my rock singing voice. Not entirely relevant, but oh well.

13. What genre of music can't you stand to listen to?

Silence.

14. What hidden talents do you have?

Singing-wise? I don't think most people would guess that I can rap and sing opera.

I'm actually fairly decent at both when I try.

Other than that? I'm a mean cook. And I don't mean grumpy, either. I can play Dance Dance Revolution very well. And by actually, you know, dancing. I'm pretty good at video games in general. :3 I'm pretty good at bowling when I practice. I can open a locked door with a credit card, or piece of siding.

Yeah, I'm pretty dull. XD

15. Do you enjoy writing music and/or lyrics?

Oh, of course!

Well, most of the time. I lied. Sometimes it can be a real pain. Especially if I'm trying to accompany on the guitar, and I need a chord outside of my limited

D, Dm, D6, Dsus, A, Am, Aadd9, G, E maj, Em, C, and F range.

I really need to lurn moar getarr.

Also, it's a pain when I get good lyrics, but can't think of a melody, or an astounding melody, but can't come up with decent lyrics, and vice versa.
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down