TBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry for the rant that's about to go down, it just irks me to see how insensitive people are.

+3
Kaeptin
[Guam] Killshot_111111
Gray Fullbuster
7 posters

Go down

Sorry for the rant that's about to go down, it just irks me to see how insensitive people are.  Empty Sorry for the rant that's about to go down, it just irks me to see how insensitive people are.

Post  Gray Fullbuster Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:20 am

So you all know what went down with Amanda Todd the other day. Well I'm on the G+ Page for it cause I kinda wanted to see how people reacted to it.

Well to my surprise a lot seems to be a dick about it.

I saw a lot of pictures about how people were making fun of her death. "Maybe they should make the block button bigger Wink" "The only way to get rid of cyberbullying is to kill yourself!!"

That's not even half of it.

I am so sick and tired of seeing shit like this.

Is death really something you should laugh about?

When a 15 year old girl kills herself, is it really okay to make jokes about it? No.

I know its the internet and the pricks on the internet have no shame in what they post, but its insensitive and they should really thing about what they are saying because the girls family could be reading that stuff.

If any of you are ever bullied whether over the internet or real life, don't think its the end of the world. It's not. Be strong and don't be afraid to tell someone.

It would seriously suck if I lost one of you because of some douche decides you'd be fun to mess with.

Gray Fullbuster
Gray Fullbuster

Back to top Go down

Sorry for the rant that's about to go down, it just irks me to see how insensitive people are.  Empty Re: Sorry for the rant that's about to go down, it just irks me to see how insensitive people are.

Post  [Guam] Killshot_111111 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Remy wrote:So you all know what went down with Amanda Todd the other day. Well I'm on the G+ Page for it cause I kinda wanted to see how people reacted to it.

I saw a lot of pictures about how people were making fun of her death. "Maybe they should make the block button bigger Wink" "The only way to get rid of cyberbullying is to kill yourself!!"

When a 15 year old girl kills herself, is it really okay to make jokes about it? No.

I know its the internet and the pricks on the internet have no shame in what they post, but its insensitive and they should really thing about what they are saying because the girls family could be reading that stuff.

If any of you are ever bullied whether over the internet or real life, don't think its the end of the world. It's not. Be strong and don't be afraid to tell someone.

It would seriously suck if I lost one of you because of some douche decides you'd be fun to mess with.

Okay I want to say I am really sorry, I had no idea you felt that way I only meant to say that it makes no sense. Teens kill themselves everyday...it is sad, and I assume everyone has thought about it. That's the thing, if she was doing all those things and seeking acceptance from the internet than that's not my fault...I mean suicide is a choice and she made hers like all of her other choices were her own no-one else's, That is on her she could of not listened to those "cyber-bullies." Now I am not saying that cyber-bullying is okay. Cause it is not, it is a horrible thing...but if you become a victim of it that's your own fault. I have received hate on the internet and Xbox but does that mean I am going to listen to those dumb losers who make fun of others just to make themselves feel better? No I do not surecomb to the hatred of others the only thing she had to do is not listen to the negatives and look at the brighter side of life...
I don't understand how idolizing her because she is one girl out of millions that have taken her own life and that goes for everyone else that has every commit-ed suicide
My great grandfather, took his own life when my mom was 8 her family didn't tell her till she was 18, it is a devastating thing. But what the real big picture here is that did anyone care or would have cared if she was still alive? No the only reason people look on is because no one took the time to know her and actually give a damn...
It is sad that she died I will give you that, but what is worse is the fact that people are saying how sad it is probably won't even try to help stop bullying...we can't change the past, but the future has yet to be written...
[Guam] Killshot_111111
[Guam] Killshot_111111

Back to top Go down

Sorry for the rant that's about to go down, it just irks me to see how insensitive people are.  Empty Re: Sorry for the rant that's about to go down, it just irks me to see how insensitive people are.

Post  Kaeptin Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Remy wrote:So you all know what went down with Amanda Todd the other day. Well I'm on the G+ Page for it cause I kinda wanted to see how people reacted to it.

My question is would these douche canoes feel if it was one of THEIR family members or friends they lost? Would they be such pricks about it?
Probably not.

I'd die if any of you ever killed yourself. I don't know. I might even follow you. You all mean a ton to me.
Kaeptin
Kaeptin

http://merthurpoet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gray Fullbuster Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 pm

[Guam] Killshot_111111 wrote:

Okay I want to say I am really sorry, I had no idea you felt that way I only meant to say that it makes no sense. Teens kill themselves everyday...it is sad, and I assume everyone has thought about it. That's the thing, if she was doing all those things and seeking acceptance from the internet than that's not my fault...I mean suicide is a choice and she made hers like all of her other choices were her own no-one else's, That is on her she could of not listened to those "cyber-bullies." Now I am not saying that cyber-bullying is okay. Cause it is not, it is a horrible thing...but if you become a victim of it that's your own fault. I have received hate on the internet and Xbox but does that mean I am going to listen to those dumb losers who make fun of others just to make themselves feel better? No I do not surecomb to the hatred of others the only thing she had to do is not listen to the negatives and look at the brighter side of life...
I don't understand how idolizing her because she is one girl out of millions that have taken her own life and that goes for everyone else that has every commit-ed suicide
My great grandfather, took his own life when my mom was 8 her family didn't tell her till she was 18, it is a devastating thing. But what the real big picture here is that did anyone care or would have cared if she was still alive? No the only reason people look on is because no one took the time to know her and actually give a damn...
It is sad that she died I will give you that, but what is worse is the fact that people are saying how sad it is probably won't even try to help stop bullying...we can't change the past, but the future has yet to be written...

Stupid thing, I wrote something but it didn't post so I'll just get this out.

I don't care that she died. I mean yes it was her own fault so why should I care, its just some girl who took her own life. I care because of the crap her family has to see about her.

Gray Fullbuster
Gray Fullbuster

Back to top Go down

Post  Raptorguy14 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Yikes.

I didn't even hear about this until you brought it up. But then I went and looked, and lo and behold, a bunch of insensitive comments pop up.

It saddens me that society has deteriorated into the sorry mess that it is today.

Some people need to learn to be respectful of others. And they need to learn that suicide is no laughing matter.
Raptorguy14
Raptorguy14

Location : Right in front of you. Seriously open your eyes, I'm there...

http://raptorguy14.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gray Fullbuster Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Raptorguy14 wrote:Yikes.

I didn't even hear about this until you brought it up. But then I went and looked, and lo and behold, a bunch of insensitive comments pop up.

It saddens me that society has deteriorated into the sorry mess that it is today.

Some people need to learn to be respectful of others. And they need to learn that suicide is no laughing matter.

Its the comments that I really hate.

I've seen a lot of hate about suicide and other things all over the internet and it just sets me off.

Death isn't something to make fun of.

Gray Fullbuster
Gray Fullbuster

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry Graff Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Remy wrote:
Raptorguy14 wrote:Yikes.

Its the comments that I really hate.

I've seen a lot of hate about suicide and other things all over the internet and it just sets me off.

Death isn't something to make fun of.

[You're right; death is a very serious thing. I feel so bad for that girl's family; they must be going through a tough time.]
Harry Graff
Harry Graff

Back to top Go down

Post  [Guam] Killshot_111111 Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Remy wrote:
[Guam] Killshot_111111 wrote:

Stupid thing, I wrote something but it didn't post so I'll just get this out.

I don't care that she died. I mean yes it was her own fault so why should I care, its just some girl who took her own life. I care because of the crap her family has to see about her.

Haha I hate when that happens...
I think it is sad but it was her choice all of it...Her family should not be on the internet like a week after her daughter died...if they are it is sad...If I lost someone really close, which I haven't yet to know the pain...than I would be grieving and eating ice cream or something...
[Guam] Killshot_111111
[Guam] Killshot_111111

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 pm

People who joke about suicide and death need to...

Ugh. I don't know. I don't wish bad things on idiots. They won't appreciate the irony, and there are just some things NO person needs to go through.

But they really do need a reality check. A brain. A life.

And they need to understand that they are nothing. Not as they are now.

If they got up off their sorry asses, and made something of themselves, the world would be a better place. Their LIFE would MATTER. To someone else. To them.

Because that's just a waste of EVERYONE'S life.

This world is full of idiots.

And the sad thing is, idiocy is a choice...
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EatThePocky Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm

It's unfortunate that she committed suicide, and I feel for her family. No one should have to go through that.
But the fact of the matter is, she shouldn't have posted that video. If you're going through things like that, you should talk to your parents or a teacher, maybe even close friends. Posting a video on the internet is only going to make things worse, sadly.
Also, no one on the Internet really cared about her, until she died. Before her death, she was just another girl. And to be frank, I bet many people --other than her family and close friends-- didn't care until after her death.
And for the people who are still dickheads about this; they're just trying to be cool. Maybe even ease their conscious...in a way. Also, they may be right in some areas. She shouldn't have gone back and read all the comments. She could have always deleted those accounts. Or if she didn't want to, there's a block button for a reason, and she could always create another account.
Her death is really unfortunate, but there's nothing we can really do about it now. We could try to give her family support-- though I'm not sure how we would do that-- or we could pay attention to people who are going through the same issue. Learn form this tragedy, and try to save others. That may sound cruel...but it's really the only option. We shouldn't dwell on things, instead we should move forward. We can still save other people. Her death doesn't have to be in vain.
Feel free to disagree, but this is just my view on this subject...I hope I haven't angered any of you guys...
EatThePocky
EatThePocky

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 pm

EatThePocky wrote:It's unfortunate that she committed suicide, and I feel for her family. No one should have to go through that.
But the fact of the matter is, she shouldn't have posted that video. If you're going through things like that, you should talk to your parents or a teacher, maybe even close friends. Posting a video on the internet is only going to make things worse, sadly.
Also, no one on the Internet really cared about her, until she died. Before her death, she was just another girl. And to be frank, I bet many people --other than her family and close friends-- didn't care until after her death.
And for the people who are still dickheads about this; they're just trying to be cool. Maybe even ease their conscious...in a way. Also, they may be right in some areas. She shouldn't have gone back and read all the comments. She could have always deleted those accounts. Or if she didn't want to, there's a block button for a reason, and she could always create another account.
Her death is really unfortunate, but there's nothing we can really do about it now. We could try to give her family support-- though I'm not sure how we would do that-- or we could pay attention to people who are going through the same issue. Learn form this tragedy, and try to save others. That may sound cruel...but it's really the only option. We shouldn't dwell on things, instead we should move forward. We can still save other people. Her death doesn't have to be in vain.
Feel free to disagree, but this is just my view on this subject...I hope I haven't angered any of you guys...

Are you kidding? Angered??

I couldn't agree with you more!
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EatThePocky Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Also, I'd like to point out something else.
Suicide has to be one of the most selfish and self-centered things to do-- not to sound cruel...
You're going to end up hurting many more people if you do that. You'll hurt people more than you were hurt.
Think about your friends and family. They cared about you and loved you. They WANT to help you, they don't want you kill yourself. Think about the people you're leaving behind. Don't just think about yourself. You're hurting so many more people, and hurting them more than you were hurt. Do you really want to hurt them? I know I wouldn't....
What I'm trying to say is, think about the people who love you before you kill yourself. Think about how it's going to affect them.
They're there to help you. Take advantage of that. Tell them what's going on, and they'll help you, I promise. Don't ever shut yourself away and think no one can help you. And never think that you're not worth anything. Everyone is on the earth for one reason or another, no matter how small it may be. You may be here just plant a seed for and idea, but seeds turn into trees and trees grow. If you never planted that seed, that tree will never grow. If you don't push for that idea, you may never be able to help that person in the future. I know it sounds to cliche, but you're here for a reason. Don't ever forget that.
And don't ever feel like you're not loved. I promise you, there are many people who care about you. They want nothing more than to help you.
....I'll stop being cheesy now.
EatThePocky
EatThePocky

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:21 pm

EatThePocky wrote:Also, I'd like to point out something else.
Suicide has to be one of the most selfish and self-centered things to do-- not to sound cruel...
You're going to end up hurting many more people if you do that. You'll hurt people more than you were hurt.
Think about your friends and family. They cared about you and loved you. They WANT to help you, they don't want you kill yourself. Think about the people you're leaving behind. Don't just think about yourself. You're hurting so many more people, and hurting them more than you were hurt. Do you really want to hurt them? I know I wouldn't....
What I'm trying to say is, think about the people who love you before you kill yourself. Think about how it's going to affect them.
They're there to help you. Take advantage of that. Tell them what's going on, and they'll help you, I promise. Don't ever shut yourself away and think no one can help you. And never think that you're not worth anything. Everyone is on the earth for one reason or another, no matter how small it may be. You may be here just plant a seed for and idea, but seeds turn into trees and trees grow. If you never planted that seed, that tree will never grow. If you don't push for that idea, you may never be able to help that person in the future. I know it sounds to cliche, but you're here for a reason. Don't ever forget that.
And don't ever feel like you're not loved. I promise you, there are many people who care about you. They want nothing more than to help you.
....I'll stop being cheesy now.

You're not being cheesy. You have an amazing point. :3
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down