TBT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One of thingy. No, thingy is not the title, I just-ACK JUST READ IT, KAY

3 posters

Go down

Chapter One of thingy. No, thingy is not the title, I just-ACK JUST READ IT, KAY Empty Chapter One of thingy. No, thingy is not the title, I just-ACK JUST READ IT, KAY

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:04 pm

“What happened to your sister, Leo?”

After the little episode in The Mariner the day before, I had scheduled an appointment with a therapist. Because nothing spells mental disturbance and need for therapy like hearing the voices of the dead.

“I…I don’t really like to talk about it. It isn’t important.” I grimaced, realizing the error of those words too late.

“Leo, you aren’t coming to terms with her death. That’s the problem here.”

“Well, maybe not, but it hasn’t haunted me again until yesterday.”

The therapist sighed, and rubbed her temples. Her name was Alice, and I was assuming that she was fresh out of college, because she couldn’t have been more than five or six years older than me. She had the tendency to pick at her strawberry blonde hair when I was being particularly unyielding, or appeared to be taxing her patience. And I was yielding about as much as a brick wall at that moment. Something told me I was the end of what had been a very long day for her.

How unprofessional. I groaned silently.

[i]I need results. Maybe medication. Not all of this tripe about how my sister passed.[/]

“You need to complete the grieving process correctly. Otherwise, you’ll never be able to live with it.”

“I’m living with it quite fine.” I snapped.

“Oh are you?” She said, raising her eyebrows.

“Just tell me now. What is it? Schizophrenia? PTSD? Let’s just get this over with.”

“You’ve been here fifteen minutes. I can’t make a proper diagnosis. Now, are you going to work with me so that I can help you?”

Before I could answer, she added “The door’s over there, otherwise.”

I took in a deep breath, and let it out slowly and softly.

“Ok. What do you need me to tell you?”

“What happened to your sister, Leo?” Her eyes softened, as she leaned forward, closer to me.

“I think you’ll feel better if you tell someone, anyways. And if it feels weird to tell me, I can turn my chair around. Just let it out. I’m not here if you don’t want me to be.”

“That’d be good.” I said.

She turned her chair around, after flashing me a small, warm smile.

I took in a deep breath, and went back in my mind a little over ten years.

“Well, it all started when I was seven, almost eight.”
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

http://herpderpland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter One of thingy. No, thingy is not the title, I just-ACK JUST READ IT, KAY Empty Re: Chapter One of thingy. No, thingy is not the title, I just-ACK JUST READ IT, KAY

Post  Harry Graff Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm

[~like~

This is great! I especially love the imagery and the mood you set. Excellent work! Smile ]
Harry Graff
Harry Graff

Back to top Go down

Chapter One of thingy. No, thingy is not the title, I just-ACK JUST READ IT, KAY Empty Re: Chapter One of thingy. No, thingy is not the title, I just-ACK JUST READ IT, KAY

Post  buttshujinsama Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 pm

yeah so you know how sometimes you pick up a book and read the excerpt inside the front cover and almost die because you have to own this book NOW but you can't because you have no money and you want to cry so instead of crying or throwing a fit or panhandling or throwing yourself at the feet of some rich old lady in a desperate move to obtain the means to purchase the book you just sneak to the back of the bookstore and read it?

that's me right now

write more

don't let me down
buttshujinsama
buttshujinsama

http://slendermans-spooky-ass-butt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Harry Graff wrote:[~like~

This is great! I especially love the imagery and the mood you set. Excellent work! Smile ]

Danke, love >u>
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaMarsCandybars Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

buttshujinsama wrote:yeah so you know how sometimes you pick up a book and read the excerpt inside the front cover and almost die because you have to own this book NOW but you can't because you have no money and you want to cry so instead of crying or throwing a fit or panhandling or throwing yourself at the feet of some rich old lady in a desperate move to obtain the means to purchase the book you just sneak to the back of the bookstore and read it?

that's me right now

write more

don't let me down

Ok I will o3o
VeronicaMarsCandybars
VeronicaMarsCandybars
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down